First day of school. I got me covered up with beanie, gloves, sweater, jacket, coat. We've just been through an ice storm, so going outside is like stepping into a freezer. I got numb.
I was excited at first, but then I looked around in my class and felt something missing. Some of my friends weren't there; they got kicked off the program because they failed the class last semester. The program started with 48 students; now we have about 30 left after 2 semesters. Bitter. It is so easy to get used to somebody and then, boom, they're not there anymore. I feel sorry for them, too. All that time and efforts were wasted for nothing.
First day is always the day of orientation. About 5 or 10 minutes into that, my professor announced: "Don't expect to make an A in this course or it's going to be a long, hard, miserable semester. I'm happy if you can just make a 75 and pass it." It's long, hard, and miserable anyway, regardless of the grade. Maybe she was just being honest, but the way she said that seems to be so brutal, so discouraging. I try not to let that affect me. I try not to let any negative external forces affect me, for the sake of my own inner peace.
I'm still excited about going back to school, though. Anything fresh is good.
Back to School
Posted by
Sanguine Heart
at
Jan 16, 2007
0 comments:
Post a Comment