Thoughts

I, like everybody else, have responsibilities that I need to fulfil as a child, a sister, a granddaughter, a student, a friend, a member of the group, so on and so forth. And we, at some point in time, have to obey to other people's advices and orders, as a rule of growing up from a little child to an adult. I know that fully well, but for right now, I am so frustrated with the responsibilities that keep piling on me everyday.

It's just plain hard to be responsible at all times when others don't seem to care, or may be they're too busy/lazy/selfish/narrow-minded/controlling/whatever-the-excuse-is to care.

Life is a struggle-a struggle to grow, to understand people, to make ends meet, to achieve dreams...I just wish I would have enough strength to fight, to get rid of my burdens, my frustration, my negativity to get to my dream, to become a better me.

My dream kept me awake at night; I tossed and turned, envisioning myself waking up to a new day when I will start my career, to a new day when I will come back to Vietnam with something to offer my homeland, to a new day when I will be able to say proudly, "I've become what I wanted to be." So precious. So powerful. My dream is a burning torch inside of me, radiating its heat on me, flooding me with its sunlight and always offering me a ray of hope in my darkest times. That torch, patiently but forcefully, is waiting there to be exploded, to be discovered, to be fulfiled.

As an effort to get to my dream, I need to keep myself in balance in life. Forgive other people. Forgive myself. Erase all the thoughts that makes my head aches. Destroy all the images that have encaved so deeply in my heart. Wake up to a new day.

This is just the beginning.

I will try, for better or for worse.

0 comments: