It was pouring down late Sunday night and early Monday morning. Water was everywhere. Actually, all that rain precipitated a flood in Gainesville and other cities. Bad things just happen without any warning.
And yes, just like that, bad things happen without any warning, I dropped my cell phone in the standing water in front of my house. When I picked it up, it was still working. However, after about 5 minutes, it started fading away slowly...The screen went black first, then the keypads began flashing like crazy, then the outside screen turned white...I punched the power button a few times, and it did vibrate, like it really really tried to turn itself on, but to no avail. The phone finally grasped its last "vibrating" breath and passed away 10 minutes later.
No big deal. It's just a cell phone. I can wake up later in the morning, although I somehow got used to those really-early-morning calls from someone.
No big deal. It's just a cell phone. A cell phone with a long list of contacts that sometime I just skip through because of the time constraint or because of those moments that "I'm not in the right mood to talk."
No big deal. It's just a cell phone. It has those text messages from friends that wish me a Happy Birthday, a Merry Christmas, or sometime just simply Have a Nice Day. And of course, those messages that say "I Love You."
No big deal. It's just a cell phone. Things like that can always be replaceable. I just need to wait a few days for a different phone to arrive through the mail.
Between now and then, I just have to miss someone's voice...
Water and cell phones don't mix
Posted by
Sanguine Heart
at
Jun 20, 2007
0 comments:
Post a Comment