I took this photo in Walmart yesterday; it's pretty blurry because basically I was trying to run with the shopping cart and shoot it at the same time. I just have a little built-in camera in my cell phone, and I earnestly want to capture the moment. Blurry or not, the photo meant something for me.
The most prominent part of the photo is the elderly couple who were holding hands and shopping in Walmart. They both looked to be in their 70s, judging upon their white hair and appearances. They walked quite briskly along the aisles of Walmart, and with all the pride in the world, he locked his fingers with her. Passionately and firmly. They seemed to pay little attention to the world around them, for I guess they've already had their own little world right there, right then, where all that mattered was a warm holding of hands that connect them together. Such a wonderful thing to see.
Of course, a lot of heads were turned; most of the people expressed an immediate admiration of the couple. Some of the others just looked away. And I, I just tried to stay a little behind them so I didn't disturb their sacred space. I watched them, and I thought.
Anyhow, the content of my blurry and poor-quality photo is something so big that I can't even start to describe it. It's love, true love, the kind that can withstand time...
Or is there anything really that can withstand time?
Without permission...
Posted by
Sanguine Heart
at
Jun 7, 2007
0 comments:
Post a Comment