Scribbles about Things

The other day, on my way to a clinical site in Denton, I was supposed to stop by the bank to deposit some checks for my host mom. And, as absent-minded as I am, I drove pass the bank without even thinking about stopping. When I realized that, it was already too late, so I kept going on, thinking I would be about 15 minutes to spare. But I didn't have that much time. There was an accident on the interstate, and everybody was hold off for quite a while. I made it to where I am supposed to be just in time. If I did remember going to the bank, I would have been late, wouldn't I?

On the exact same day, when I was on my way back, I turned on the wrong intersection, and instead of going North to go home, I was going further South. I was going to turn around, but then I thought, what the heck, while I'm at it, I'm going to eat Vietnamese food. So I drove another 15 minutes and landed in a Vietnamese restaurant that I've known for some time. I gave myself a treat and was glad about it. If I did turn on the right way, I would have missed out on it, wouldn't I?

So I concluded, after my lucky day, that a mistake may not be a mistake; a mistake can be a new opening into something great, something that is more beneficial and prosperous than I can imagine. Maybe you think I'm lame to give you those two little stories and then go to such a grave conclusion. I have some more stories, actually I have a whole list of things in my head that I did wrong. I didn't do them right the first time; but later they turned out to be the right mistakes. Sometimes things have to go wrong before they can become right.

...

I'm trying to drive slower. In my dictionary, the definition of "driving fast" is driving above 75 miles/hr (approx. 120 km/hr). So the goal here is to drive below that. I admitted I overlooked it quite a lot of times, but I will try harder. Driving slower relaxes me, and it gives me peace.

...

I helped save a life yesterday.

...

Somebody told me maybe we all need some personal time to refresh, rethink everything to make it better. But how to rethink when everything seems to be so confusing and there is no way to get out of it?

...

I found myself pondering upon the question, "What am I in a world so far away from home?" "Home" is where it's sweet, where I can see all of my loved ones, wherever they are.

...

I made a new website for my college group: sna.hereweb.com

...

I received a package today in the mail. Neatly packed, with lots of nice things in it, and a DVD loaded with stuff. Thanks, to the sender(s), with love
...

The song that I'm currently listening to: Groove Coverage - Far Away from Home

I thought it was a cute song.
...

0 comments: