Long time no writing...

Well, my name is SH. Nice to meet you, I'm starting to write blog again

Nowadays, I really don't know who are gonna be my audience, 'cause lately there has been quite a slowdown here. But it's ok, I will just write.

I'm still going to school, like always. I've transferred to a 4-year university, mostly because the community college near my house has ran out of classes for me to take, you're talking about a long-time learner here I like my new school though. It's located in a more diverse community than the one around my house, so the people are not as prejudiced. Everybody that I have encountered so far is quite nice; I haven't had any bad experience yet, but we'll see.

With that being said, I'm still living at home though. It's a 72-mile drive from my house to school, which takes me about an hour and a half in light traffic. But, luckily, my school has a long distance option that allows me to drive to a close-by community college for a class every Wednesday, and the rest I can study at home with the Internet. It's quite pleasant. The 72-mile drive is cut into a 45-mile one, almost in half. All lectures are recorded in a podcast format, so I can always listen to them again if I want to. All assignments are given and collected through the school's web portal. Everything is digitalized and I love it, considering how much of a geek I am. I haven't written a single note this semester, seriously. My laptop, in combination with Microsoft OneNote, is my notebook, my time manager, and everything else in between. My backpack has never been lighter, my typing skill is significantly improved, and my eyes get worse with time, lol...

One thing I don't like about the academic program I'm in is that the assignments sometimes seem ridiculous. I get part of my points by going to the class's disccussion board and post entries. I keep thinking about what I will write, maybe something like this: "I agree with you, you're so bright, you're so wonderful, that's a good idea. I'm bright, I'm wonderful too, so we are both bright and wonderful...'" Well, maybe not, it's just my sarcasm According to my humble opinion, it's a complete waste of time...

That's enough about school. Now about friends.

As you can see, I belong to one school, but I rarely go to my school; I go to another school to take classes instead. That creates a little dilemna there, cause sometimes it makes me feel like I just don't belong anywhere. So, to make new friends, I hang out with students from yet another school different from the two that were mentioned and other friends I know before I transfered. I can say it has worked itself out real nice. I still have a social life besides those endless hours sticking my eyeballs on the laptop's screen to study

And of course, my Vietnamese friends are always close by on YIM and/or Facebook!

I will graduate (again) about next May or August, if things go the way they're supposed to be.

And that's the recap for what happened to me lately...

Oh yeah, I'm still love sick, and my world is pink and blue, as usual...Don't get me wrong, I haven't dreamed about anybody lately, I'm just love sick, if you can get that...

3 comments:

Ashley October 10, 2008 at 6:16 PM  

HI! I love OneNote soooo much! I saw someone using it in class, and I was like, hey, that's a really cool program. And then I got Office 2007 and now I get to use it!

I'm such a nerd. :P

Nicole Stockton October 11, 2008 at 11:23 AM  

We are glad that you are blogging again I love this story thing I think I might change ours up a bit and have some free writing in them. Anyway I love your blog it makes me think :)

Sanguine Heart October 13, 2008 at 11:16 PM  

Ashley: I'm a die-hard OneNote fan. It has all my class notes and everything else. The novel is gonna be on it, too :)

The Stocktons: Hey, thanks :)