It's just me talking...

I have a lot of interests, and usually these things just come and go. Not that I don't like them anymore, I just move on to different things. It's life, we stop, and then we move on.

This summer I got obsessive with kayaking. I even bought a kayak for myself. It's 11'2 long, and 2'10 wide, complete with gears and life jackets. I love the feelings of being able to just paddle for a while, and then float aimlessly, and then paddle. It brings peace to me.

Also in this summer, I got obsessive with musicals. I went with a few friends to see a show in Dallas. That was the first time ever, and I was impressed. Late in the summer, I took a trip to California, and a friend there took me to another musical show, "Wicked" at the Pantages theater in Holywood. This time I had to say I was immensely impressed.

When I was watching it, all my emotions got stirred up. Issues of love, friendship, greed, forgiveness, goodwill present themselves in a fluid storyline. The show was entertaining, but not in any mean cheap entertainment. It provoked questions such as, "What is love? What do I do when I love somebody and circumstances do not work out? Do I forgive people enough? What is the limit of my goodwill? What is the limit of what I do to get what I want? When I'm desperate, do I become desperately wicked or desperately good?" Questions like that don't get to be asked that often. And I don't have the answers for them either.

The story of the show is a twist from the Wizard of Oz. Actually, this story happens before the beginning of the Wizard of Oz. The theater looked old and rugged on the outside; however, in the inside, everything is exquisite. Light and sound effects are top of the line. The cast are nothing but outstanding. All my senses were fooled. I thought I saw people flying and melting on stage!

The point is, I'm now jealous with anybody who lives near or around LA (of course not because of the fires and protests). I just want to go and see the show again, but it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen...

That's what I really want for Christmas this year.

3 comments:

Nicole Stockton November 16, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

Sounds good. I can't wait to see the Nutcracker in a month or so, its my favorite.
N

Elijah Davidson December 9, 2008 at 11:37 PM  

Ha! You're jealous of me.

Sanguine Heart December 18, 2008 at 12:57 AM  

Elijah, I am very, very jealous of you right now :)