And so there I was, standing in the funeral of one of my greatest friends.
Actually, Ella was more than a friend to me. She was my mentor, my teacher, my source of inspiration. When I was at my worst, Ella stood next to me and offered me a hug. When I felt like the whole world was against me, Ella strengthened my faith. When I was still going to my community college, I got so used to coming to BSM Wednesday lunch and spending time with Ella and other friends. There I could be myself, there I could pour out what left of my troubled heart. I was reassured that Ella was there for me, no matter what happened. I was reassured, for once in that afflicted time of my life, that somebody was there for me and asked for nothing in return. I was like a little lost child needed directions, and Ella was there guiding me with her Bible, her unfailing faith, and her positive attitude.
I know that Ella is now in a far happier place, but being sentimental, I still hear my heart breaking. I will miss her. Because I knew Ella, I have been changed for good.
Dust gets into my eyes...
Posted by
Sanguine Heart
at
Dec 9, 2008
4 comments:
I'll say a prayer for you in your grief.
Touching. I am so sorry for your lost. I know her life must have impacted so many people for the good and now she is in Heaven at peace.
Thanks, I have found some comfort knowing she's in peace now.
Me too, Quyen. Me too. --Andy.
Post a Comment