Since this semester was over, I had a little bit more time on my hand. I spent most of it doing what I like to do and pondering about life, specifically and generally. I figured out a few subtle but valuable things, which I wish I had known them earlier.
In the last year or so, I have came across some people whom I will call them "crude". They're not rude, or cruel; in fact, they can be nice, and very well educated. Well, maybe they're rude and cruel...with a sophisticated and refined finishing touch. These people is so skillful in their social interactions that sometimes I feel like I was fooled by them. And I was. I can't describe the feelings, but it was like being led through a maze blindfolded without knowing neither about the maze or the blindfold. Only after a while, I vaguely realized there were such things, and subconsciously, I resisted it.
So, these people, knowing that their master plan has failed, turned around and subtly, oh so subtly, suggested that they're justified to do the unjustifiable things they did, and subsequently, I was the one to blame. That doesn't make sense, does it? However, they know how to use the right words, and voila, it seemed to make sense ridiculously. And so, I was left hanging in there, partly blamed myself, partly blamed the situation, but never blamed them, or asked them why I was in the that bad spot in the first place.
Luckily, I became smarter. I got out. I found out I had better things to do. And I started to open my eyes more and see people like that more often, and I'm trying not to fall in their "crude" traps again. My ego is so fragile, and I just want to be humble without getting burned.
I would have told you the whole story behind this, but I think it would be long and mundane. And I don't like anything that is long and mundane...
"Being crude"
Posted by
Sanguine Heart
at
Dec 17, 2008
0 comments:
Post a Comment