Strangers sometimes can teach the best lesson without intentions.
The other day, I had an interview with a nurse manager about a job. I never met her before or even knew her name. The first thing that I've ever noticed about her was her beautiful blue eyes. I felt like she could look right through me and figure me out.
I prepared myself before the interview. But really, I couldn't do anything to prepare for being analyzed and quizzed upon my own character. I feel like she wanted to know the real me, as a person, and not as another degree or certification. She listened. I mean listening, not hearing, not talking, not flipping a piece of paper. She just listened. And she understood. I am all caught up in my crazy world sometimes, and I forgot how to listen properly, or how to appreciate it when somebody actually listens. And now I got reminded, and I'm thankful for that.
The day after the interview, Human Resources called and offered me the job. I accepted the offer. This is my first full-time job. I know there will be good times and bad times, but whatever happens, it will happen, and I will rejoice/deal with it when times come.
I thought I would write this down so I can remember the experience later on, remember how to listen.
Lesson #745: Listening
Posted by
Sanguine Heart
at
Jul 3, 2009
Labels: thoughts
2 comments:
Congratulations, Quyen!
Yay Quyen. I also forget how to listen most times, its a good thing for all of us to remember.
Post a Comment