Entry for a Rainy Saturday Night

I got an email from a new friend a few days ago. I was surprised, cause for a long time I haven't got any email that is lengthy like that, especially from a new friend. And he talked like he knew me very well, which was another surprise because all I know from him are his name and some general info about him. Some people are just like that, they put you at ease wherever you meet them.

Anyway, I went to a lot of places on Yahoo! 360 and heard people talking about a story called "The Little Prince." Shame on me, I heard it over and over again (I even had a friend named LittlePrince on my friends list ), but I never did read the story. So, the day before, I went to this site and read the whole thing, all in a couple of hours. It is a short and easy-to-read book; nevertheless, it has a profound wisdom hiding within. As the site said in the first page, "This site is best viewed with the heart", the story is best interpreted with the heart. "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." The heart, a fragile object, has the ability to understand things that the eyes can not even see. The heart, an emotional centerpiece, sometimes has reasons that the head can't make sense of. The heart, a mysterious castle, in spite of its fences and walls, still open wide its gate one way or another...

I just love that little book; it has taught me a lot of things. And I found myself wandering in the library, trying to pick out a good story book again. I haven't done that for a while, for I have an endless list of things that needs to be done, everything but reading So I checked out the book "Great American Short Stories", as I thought it woudn't hurt anything to read something "great" in my free time. I will try to read at least one story a day, until the deadline is up...

It's time for me to go to bed. Wish you have fun with everything you do, my friends :)

0 comments: