True Color - Phil Collins
You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged
though I realize
It's hard to take courage,
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it
And the darkness, inside you
Makes you feel so small
But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Just show your true colors,
True colors, ooh are beautiful like a rainbow.
Show me a smile,
Don't be unhappy, can't remember
When I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear,
Just call me up,
cause you know I'll be there
But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Just show your true colors,
True colors, ooh are beautiful like a rainbow.
I remembered listening to this song for the first time a few years back. That was when I was still in my room in Vietnam, a small cozy room (well, a little bit messy ), and I was lying there, sunk in the music. Now when I listen to this song again, that feeling, that smell, that stage of mind all come back to me. Very surprise indeed!
And about this song, when I heard "true color", not only that I thought about the 7 playful colors of the rainbow but also the black color. Everything has 2 faces, right? A "true color" of a person can be either bright or dark, as corresponding to that person being good or evil. This song evidently is for a bright "true color", as it states:
But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
that's why I love you
I think it's easy to love somebody when their "true colors" are bright and shining. How about the opposite? Is it as easy to love a person when you know their "true colors" are much darker than the colors that they're presenting or trying to present? When I say love here, it's not necessarily meant a romantic love, it's just like an emotional linking between 2 people, as in the case of love for friends, neighbors, teachers, or even strangers.
I don't think it's easy to do such a thing. But I think this is where forgiveness comes in. Forgive and forget...I will try to do what I think is right and appropriate. If I'm not sucessful with it, well, at least I'll get the point for trying.
Hey, wait a minute...How did I start all this? Is it all from an old song on the radio? (Sigh) I'd better go to bed
Final Notes: I took the pic above from PostSecret. Is it strange when somebody can tell to the whole world he/she loves someone but can't tell that to the person that needs to hear it the most, first or not?
I See Your True Color
Posted by
Sanguine Heart
at
Jun 13, 2006
0 comments:
Post a Comment