I hate one-way streets. Today I was driving to another city to find a part for my car's air conditioner (yes, it broke down, in the heat of the summer). I got lost, driving round and round in a circle, because (1) I haven't driven in this city's downtown before, and (2) the guy who went with me didn't remember where the store was. But finally we stopped at an art gallery and asked for direction (what a place!). Those one-way streets drove me crazy. I just wonder why they made one-way streets while there were enough room there for two-way streets (or even for a highway) Anyway, I got all the parts that I needed.
And I also ordered that critical thinking book the other day. It's on its way. I hope I can finish it on time for the new school year and not to mess up my summer plan.
I also started on mowing. I somehow like it because I always have time to think when I am mowing. Like the whole world is stopped, just me and the lawn are moving. Sounds great. The funny thing is that I got quite a few of accessories while I'm fixing to go mow somewhere, for examples: my sunblock (45 SPF), sunglasses, bug repellent (I'm highly allergic to flying bugs), a cap (hat or whatever), water, and of course, my MP3 player...After all, I can't live without music
And I hate one-way streets for another reason: when you pass something, you can't turn around; you have to start all over again...
I wish life were more like a two-way street. But it is not.
A Summer Day
Posted by
Sanguine Heart
at
May 18, 2006
0 comments:
Post a Comment